16 June 2012

Pin It

9 Year old food Critic Blogger Martha Payne wins blog ban Case



9 Year old food Critic Blogger Martha Payne wins blog ban Case

Name – Martha Payne
Age – 9 Year old
She lives in the coastal town of Lochgilphead, about 130 miles (210 kilometers) west of Edinburgh.

She is a blogger and calls herself a Veg.

Date – 14 June 2012 Martha wrote on her blog posted wrote following

Goodbye.
This morning in math’s I got taken out of class by my head teacher and taken to her office. I was told that I could not take any more photos of my school dinners because of a headline in a newspaper today.

I only write my blog not newspapers and I am sad I am no longer allowed to take photos. I will miss sharing and rating my school dinners and I’ll miss seeing the dinners you send me too. I don’t think I will be able to finish raising enough money for a kitchen for Mary’s Meals either.

Goodbye,
VEG

What was the reason Argyll and Bute Council banned her from taking photos?

In a statement, Argyll and Bute Council said Payne's photos were misleading and had caused distress to cafeteria staff. The council was particularly irked by a report about the blog in Scotland's Daily Record newspaper headlined "Fire the Dinner Ladies."

Because of social media support she won the case against Argyll and Bute Council
Now Council has lifted the ban.


If you will read her blog you will find that she is good critic of food.
She gave each meal a "food-o-meter" rating, and offered an assessment of its contents.

In one case, she recorded that she found a hair in her food but still awarded the meal eight out of 10

In one entry about pizza and croquette potatoes for lunch, Martha wrote: "The pizza in the first pic was alright but I'd have enjoyed more than 1 croquet (sic). I'm a growing kid and I need to concentrate all afternoon and I cant do it on 1 croquette. Do any of you think you could?"

Her last review said: “Lunch was really nice today and it helped cheer me up. Macaroni cheese at school is so creamy and it’s nice to have it with the crunchy radishes and peppers.” She awarded the meal 10 out of 10.

Her blog was popular and she supports Mary’s meal just giving and because of her blog they received donations from 3352.

Her readers donated more than $31,000.

Photo of Martha



Link to the blog of Martha

http://neverseconds.blogspot.co.uk/

Reality views by sm –

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tags – Freedom of Speech UK Martha Payne



9 comments:

Usha June 21, 2012  

sm, Thanks for sharing blogger Martha Payne's story. She is great food critic, her each post is so neatly written. I am glad to know her blog ban is lifted.
I see that in Edinburgh schools they serve really healthy lunch with great variety. Lunches served here are boring and not of very good quality.

I wish such powerful social media support should sort out some Indian issues.